Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Rain

Rain is not a bad thing. Besides the continued flooding of my sleeping quarters, rain makes life happen. Right across from the library where I sit lies a baseball field, which is still being used despite the deluge from the sky. "Big City" folk would call it quits at the first drop, but not here. These people are hardy; weather has little influence on the enjoyment of life. Granted, there are those days when the sky touches the ground forming a blanket of dismal gray, but still, life continues forward here.

Those kids across the street are having a blast. They're caked in mud and loving it. This reminds me a time of when I was in Jackson Mississppi dancing in the rain. It was the end of a long day and the sky had opened up. Why not run down the sidewalk and pump in the puddles? The moment had arrived and I seized it.

Point is - despite weather conditions, there is always some joy to be had.

In the next day or two I hope to be back to give an update of "Smoky Ops." As for now, I'm returning to the book shelves to find something enjoyable and easy to read, as was my original intent on trudging through this monsoon. Moby Dick, which I checkout yesterday, just didn't cut it last night, and I'm pretty sure it's not going to make par this evening either.

No comments:

Post a Comment