Monday, March 23, 2009

The Final Spring Break

This week marks my final official, school-sanctioned spring break vacation. Sad days, but knowing me I'll find some other opportunities to get out and about (probably even before school is out).

Today I woke up in what is usually supposed to be sunny Colorado. I can see a few flickers of blue sky which gives some hope. It's been a few years since I last drove down here but I still remember that trip quite vividly, especially because I was driving to beat a blizzard. I did make it then, even with a truck caked in ice and about 10 inches of snow on the ground. That trip was a good time and I have fond memories. But now I'm here to add to those Colorado memories.\

Tomorrow I'm headed up to a cabin in the Buena Vista area to stay the night and attempt to solve life's problems around a blazing fire. There's a little whitewater kayaking in order. Hopefully my first journey down the Arkansas river will be a good one, no causualties :)

Perhaps I'll get back on here in a few days to notify you and the rest of the population what problems we solved around that fire and just how many casualties there were. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment